Tuesday 27 November 2012

Strike a Pose from Del May

I rather like the idea of highlighting poses in my blog posts and I'm not quite ready to give it up since I've barely scratched the surface of good posemakers.  I look for poses that convey action and personality.  They also have to work with whatever I'm trying to highlight in a photo. If the pose manages to catch the eye, all the better.

A few posemakers take poses a step further into artistry, and most famous among them is probably Del May.  Take a look at her Flickr photostream - it's amazing! 

My plan was to highlight the latest Truth hair, Jade; the Belleza skin, Wynter; and the rigged mesh hands from SLink (which are now part of my basic avi).  The pose ended up as the star of the pic (at least for me).  I'm not claiming that by using Del May's poses I can create works of art.  But her poses do inspire me to improve my photos with out-of-the-ordinary thinking about our digital forms.

Credits:

Belleza Wynter skin
Slink Mesh Hands
Truth Jade w/Roots - pumpkinpie
Baiastice Bikini top
DECO Cameo Ring (monkey)
Mayfly - Liquid Light Mesh Eye (September Shadow, w3) 
Beetlebones Mesh Lashes V.01 (Dainty brown)

No comments:

Post a Comment