Monday 18 August 2014

Backpacking Off the Beaten Path

I headed out to The Liaison Collaborative this morning to check out this month's collection inspired by a Route 66 road trip. I didn't try to capture the spirit of that road in my photo, but I really like this month's theme. For those who don't know, Route 66 is a 2,400 mile iconic and scenic East/West road in the United States from Chicago, Illinois to Los Angeles, California. It has been replaced for practical travel purposes by the interstate highway system, but Route 66 lives in the American imagination. A trip on Route 66 is more than a way to get from point A to point B. It's the Mother Road. Think Jack Kerouak's On the Road or John Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath.

I discovered a new-to-me pose store at The Liaison Collaborative. I really liked the Off the Beaten Path poses from NanTra. My son spent a month in Scotland this summer where he spent his spare time backpacking and camping - activities that baffle his nice hotel or condo rental parents. I do appreciate the romance of camping out on a remote Scottish island, I'd just never do it. I was thinking these thoughts as I posed this blog photo, a study of on-the-road romance and sore feet.

Credits:
 
Pose, Backpack and Waterbottle by NanTra (at The Liaison Collaborative)
Baiastice Kafue Top-gold
Maitreya * Washed Out * BF Jeans Shorts
Pure Poison - Viking Woman Sandals - Brown
Epoque Metal Petal Ring - Gold/Obsidian
Eaters Coma - HAIR 55 / Mocha (at Uber)
Lara Hurley-Fae drained /Rose Pale
IKON Spectral Eyes - Amber
Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands
Slink Female Feet (AvEnhance) - Flat
Slink Physique Mesh Figure V1

No comments:

Post a Comment