Meme Instructions: Take an autumn inspired picture and/or answer the following questions about autumn. Don’t forget to leave your answers in the comments of Berry's post and if you take an autumn picture, please add it to the Blog Memes flickr group.
- Is autumn your favorite season? Why or why not? – Yes and the reasons would be the colors of the season, the weather, cozy sweaters, and the sense of it being a season of plenty. My mother grew up on a farm and it was harvest season. Crops sold so there was money. Fruits and vegetables were canned and put up for the winter. Apple pies, cobblers, fritters and any other delicious item you can think of made with apples were plentiful. Even though I didn't grow up on the family farm, we still celebrated as if we had to grow our food ourselves.
- Do you call it Autumn or Fall? – Both. In the fashion seasons it's the Fall collection, not the Autumn collection! I take drives to the country to look at Fall foliage - the alliteration makes it a must. Ayla tells me it's only Americans who call it Fall, so I kind of self-consciously call it Autumn at times when I'd rather say Fall, but honestly, for the most part I can switch between the two in the same thought.
- What kind of weather does your area get during this season? – It's early for what I really consider to be Autumn. September is basically still summer. It cools off a bit from August, but the temperatures still usually reach the low 80's (Fahrenheit) during the day. Some trees turn a bit, but it builds slowly to the last two weeks in October when the colors of Autumn are glorious and the sweater weather begins.
- Which color do you always associate with autumn? – Colors plural! Rusty reds, pumpkin oranges, trees so brilliantly yellow that they make the crisp blue of the sky even brighter in contrast.
- Which Autumn themed sim is your favorite at the moment? – My own, but I'm not really bragging. I just haven't been out and about to check out Fall themed sims yet.
Tres Blah Preppy Sweater w/Blouse - Yellow
Mon Tissu Cotton Pants ~ Khaki
Belleza - Leila Med 3 R (at Collabor88)
TRUTH HAIR Anita - Ginger Pack (New Release)
Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands
Slink Female Feet (AvEnhance) - Mid
Slink Tri-Colour Wedges Multipack
Pose by Del May
Pumpkin Grouping by Pilot
Credits for Clay:
D R O P Mesh Jacket Gray
FATEwear Pants - John - London
Belleza - Ashton Medium GG Bald
Colossus Boots Black
Bryce ~ Saul - Natural Browns - Cork