Monday 22 April 2013

Why Do I Blog? A Strawberry Singh Meme


It's time again to answer Strawberry Singh's questions for this week's blogger meme.  Now she wants to know why we bloggers do what we do.  This one will require a little thought. 
  1. How long have you been blogging?  Since December 2011.
  2. Why did you start blogging?  Ayla and I thought it would be fun.  I doubt either of us would have started by ourselves, but together we gave each other courage.  We both loved taking pictures and posting on Flickr.  Now that Ayla's on hiatus for health reasons, I'm on my own.
  3. How many times a week do you post an entry?  Ideally I wish I had new content daily.  Before I blogged I'd check my favorite bloggers' sites daily and would be so disappointed when there was nothing new.  I would totally burn out if I did that though, so I take a couple of days off from blogging every week.
  4. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis?  I browse through the Second Life blogs from my blog role on a daily basis.  I like reading my Plurk friends' blog postings and I check out details from pictures I like on Flickr.  Cajsa Lilliehook started a regular posting of her favorite blog posts of the day.  I seek that out to discover new-to-me blogs to read and posts I may have missed. I have no idea how many that is!
  5. Do you comment on other people’s blogs?  I do very rarely, and shame on me.  Because I adore getting feedback on my own blog, I should comment on other blogs to spread that good feeling around.
  6. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have?  Of course I do!  Partly so I know what people like (or at least look at), and partly so I don't feel as though I'm just talking to myself.
  7. Did you ever regret a post that you wrote?  No, although I've regretted a few of the pictures.  What was I thinking?
  8. Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog?  I don't really know.  Probably these memes have given readers the best sense of the person behind the pictures.
  9. Do you blog under your real name?  My real Second Life name.  LOL
  10. Are there topics that you would never blog about?  Oh my, yes.  At the top of that list would be meanness.  There's enough of that in the world without contributing to it.
  11. What is the theme/topic of your blog?  I think it's spelled out pretty nicely in our subheading "a Second Life blog about whatever takes our fancy" It's mostly fashion with a bit of home and garden thrown in.  I have dreams of one day doing a tutorial about something but I know so little about anything!
  12. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?  No.
  13. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?  I like the broad connections one can make by blogging.  I've met new people I may never have met otherwise.  And honestly, it's something to do with my picture!
  14. So, why do you continue to blog?  I blog so I can squeal and say to a hundred friends at once, "There's the cutest new release at _____!"  Also so I can take pictures of myself with a swarm of butterflies around my head without anyone thinking I'm crazy.

Credits:

Adam N Eve Skins - Bethany T2 Spring (at My Attic at The Deck)
BOOM Metamorphosis butterflies (at My Attic at The Deck) 
Dura Hair - Girl*38(Sienna)
lassitude & ennui - Gothic doll corset dress noir (at Fantasy Faire)
lassitude & ennui Gothic doll jacket - noir (at Fantasy Faire)
Mayfly - Deep Sky Mesh Eye (Deep Honey Hazel, w3)
Slink Mesh Hands

8 comments:

  1. LOL I squealed about the butterflies too^^ great read and picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendz! I'm seeing butterflies all over Flickr and blogs today!

      Delete
  2. I know how you feel about not seeing new posts by my favourite bloggers. I've kind of picked up on their rhythms and I'm hoping a few of them do this meme so I'll know for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I read enough different bloggers now that there's always something new to read!

      Delete
  3. Great read! And I would never write a mean post, either - this is supposed to be fun, and being mean would destroy that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! I know it's cathartic to let off steam sometimes, but I'd never be deliberately mean.

      Delete
  4. Seconding the meanness in this world! Who needs any of that on a blog? Also, your answer to #7 made me LOL as I have the same feeling about many of my older pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your pics though! Thanks so much for the meme Berry. And for your gracious comments.

      Delete