Monday 10 December 2012

We've Been Good This Year (mostly)

It's the one-year anniversary of Double Exposure, the collaborative blog of Dolly Baroque and Ayla Qinan.  How better to celebrate than to wear the same outfits (on purpose for once) and pose together using oOo's fabulous friends poses.  It's a wonder we have hair in these pics, we suffered so, keeping everything rezzed and gridline free.  Lots of blogs do interviews so on our first anniversary we thought we'd interview each other.  We do have the right not to answer and to ask for a lawyer if necessary.

Dolly:  So Ayla, what surprised you most about becoming a blogger?

Ayla:  What really surprised me was how bad my photography skills were when I look back to the start of our blog. I thought I was quite good but jeezo, how wrong was I? I think every blogger improves with time though, as they discover new tricks and find their own style. I think we have both improved immensely, and I love that we have our own unique styles but blend beautifully, making the blog consistent.

Ayla:  Dolly, what do you enjoy most about blogging?

Dolly:  It varies with my mood.  Sometimes I love putting an outfit together just so, and showing it off with a pic.  Other times it's about delivering on a challenge, like the 52 Weeks of Color Challenge.  Sometimes it's all about a pose that inspires me, or a new SL photography technique that I want to try.  I'm like the furthest thing from an expert with photo editing, but I kind of like messing around and trying things in GIMP.  I enjoy writing, but for blog posts I think the photos are the story, so I focus on them and keep the writing to a minimum.  And last but far from least, I'm very gratified when anyone tells me they like one of my blog posts.

Dolly:  Do you have a favorite blogger, Ayla? Other than us, of course.

Ayla:  I read the feeds and see many fantastic bloggers but there is one blog I subscribed to because of its quirky nature and its kookie cute style. I always look forward to getting the e-mail from Not Quite Pink because I know there is going to be something blogged that I need and Magenta DeVinna makes me smile.

Ayla:  How about you, Dolly? Who's your favorite blogger?

Dolly:   I'm predictable in that I never fail to read top fashion blogs like Strawberry Singh and Gogo's Juicybomb.  I like seeing what they post, how they put looks together, and I really like how their photos have a consistent style - each in her own way.  Neva Crystall's posts in How Neva Sees It make my jaw drop.  I wish I had 1/10th of the talent she displays in every carefully constructed picture.  And again, she's consistent in her style which to me is a blogger/photographer strength - and one that I lack.  I can dream though.

Dolly: What's your favorite type of thing to blog?  And what's the blog post you're most proud of and why?

Ayla:  Hmm, I do love my more risque posts. I like to show my sultry, seductive side with maybe a little hint of naughty. The blog I am most proud of has to be Wistful.  It's not spectaular, I'm no editing wizard, but I love the softness and the peacefulness of it. Also, it's the blog post that earned me most hits ever!

Dolly:  Oh, that pic for the Wistful post was gorgeous.  I loved it.  But really, what's with the naked pics?  Are you some sort of perv? (wink, wink)

Ayla:  Yes, yes I am.  The fact that naked pics get the most hits gives me a pervy little thrill.  And we both know you're a perv, too. You're just more embarrassed about it.

Dolly:  What? Me a perv? (cough, cough) Time to change the subject.  Would you prefer a less bossy blogging partner?

Ayla:  No, I just ignore you when you get bossy, like you are being right now about this blog post!!

Ayla:  OK, this is probably the most important question of all.  What drives you crazy about me?

Dolly:  This is where I ask for a lawyer, right?


Dolly First Picture

!Rebel Hope - London Mesh Jumpsuit - Champagne @ FaMeshed
Truth - Soleil w/Roots - Marmalade
MaxiG - Necklace - Paris Black Diamond - Choker - GOLD - With Love Hunt
Glam Affair - Amberly - America 09 Red - New release
Donna Flora GIULIA Earrings
*YS&YS* Brera GlossTaupe Shoes
Beetlebones Mesh Lashes V.01 (Dainty brown)
Mayfly - Liquid Light Mesh Eyes (Desert Dawn Shadow)
Slink Mesh Hands 

Ayla First Picture

!Rebel Hope - London Mesh Jumpsuit - Silver @ FaMeshed
>TRUTH< Swift w/Roots - Cocoa
[ glow ] studio Amore Earrings - black/silver
MaxiG - Necklace - Mermaid's Heart - Choker - Silver
Glam Affair - Lilith - Jamaica - Clean 
Mayfly - Liquid Light Mesh Eyes (Pale True Grey)
::BeetleBones:: Mesh Lashes (minimalist black)
Slink Mesh Hands 

Dolly Second Picture

Baiastice_Aida dress- Black
>TRUTH< Sara -  Pumpkinpie
Belleza Wynter Skin
DECO - MESH Sequined Heels (silver)

Ayla Second Picture

Baiastice_Aida dress- Chocolate
Glam Affair - Lilith - Jamaica - Clean
DECO - MESH Sequined Heels (bronze)
>TRUTH< Cyanne w/Roots - mocha
*YS&YS* Simoun Bangles TDR











3 comments:

  1. Lovely interviews, lovely pics... I'm looking forward to reading many more posts and see many more pics on your blog in the year to come, ladies! <33

    ReplyDelete