Saturday 21 July 2012

Let's Noobify!

 When I went to Hair Fair the other day, having waited a few days for the rush to fade, I carefully stripped down to the basics.  No shoes, no prim eyes or lashes, no earrings, no mesh, no huds; nothing but shape, skin (with hairbase as a nod to my very large sense of vanity) a system tee and shorts from Tres Blah to cover my nakedness.  This left me with no scripts in the official viewer - other viewers are a minimum of one, in my experience, and a rendering cost of 1,000.  Minimizing lag to tool around Hair Fair is a good thing. 

I was surprised to find that my mode of dress was an extremely small minority.  I did see one other male avatar tooling around in boxer briefs.  Everyone else was dressed to the nines, or should I say 300,000 arc?  Charity events are a huge draw in Second Life, and I'm proud of that.  They are so much more fun for everyone if we all do our part to reduce lag for ourselves and others.  Some merely derender all the avatars.  That's fine as far as it goes, but not everyone knows how to do that.  Noobify yourself, leave the vanity for later when you put outfits together with all the new wonderful hair you picked up. Just for comparison's sake, the avatar rendering cost in the bottom picture is 60,726.  I didn't count the scripts, because I generally keep those fairly low with just an AO.

Credits (for bottom pic):

Cracked Mirror Sequin Crop Top MESH (grey)

Fashionably Dead hair - Sunday - Brunette 5 (at Hair Fair)

Beetle Bones Mesh Lashes V.01 (Dainty brown)

Mayfly - Deep Sky Mesh Eye (Steel Blue, w3)

Miamai_Mahvi Pants Black

Glam Affair skin -  Roza - Natural 02 Red (at Collabor88)

No comments:

Post a Comment