Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Meet My Friend, Friar Tyles

I have known Friar Tyles on a couple of other avatars longer than anyone else on my active friend list in Second Life, although I don't see him nearly as often as I'd like to. He makes me giggle about 90% of the time. The other 10% he spends flirting. Actually, that usually makes me giggle too, but in a good way. He has a few faults, one of which being that he doesn't know the difference between aqua and turquoise, or either of them and green. He's also forever getting himself in absurd roleplay situations.

Friar warned me before getting together for this photo shoot that he knows nothing about fashion. That might be true, but he's an expert at putting together the perfect costume for a roleplay character. I steered him toward the new Truth cowboy hat hair and told him the rest was up to him.

Friar: Got me a hat. It's ten gallon, but I'm still pleased to see you.

Me: And if I want something bigger?

Friar: Then you'll need to wear that maid outfit. What colour do you want the hat?

Me: What you have is fine if you like it.

Friar: Its a cowboy hat, Dolly. It's taking all my faculties not to slap on a handlebar moustache and my ass-less leather pants and do the YMCA.

So begins the interview.

Me: So, Friar, I've known you longer than anyone else on my friend list that is still in Second Life, I think, before your current avi, even. What keeps you coming back to SL?

Friar: Wow - firstly i can't believe you had the mental strength and patience to retain me on the list for that long. The people - old friends and the folks you haven't met before and randomly strike up a conversation with. I just love the lunatics out there that do and say things that make me sit and actually LOL.

Me: If your avatar had a mind of its own, what do you think it would say to you? (totally cribbed this question from Strawberry Singh)

Friar:  Please stop - haven't you done enough to me already! Either that or - Man i really know how to rock leather pants with no ass in them.

Me: Tell me a guilty secret about yourself, but maybe not your guiltiest, because this is totally going on the internet.

Friar: I smell underwear in charity clothing stores...just kidding! Some of the sims and groups that I have frequented have purely been to observe the crazies that exist in them. I adore fishing for these specimens. It's probably a little shameful...kind of like a virtual version of the movie "Dinner for Schmucks"

Me: What's the silliest roleplay you've ever taken part in? Was it the Bumble bee one?

Friar: Ah yes...the bumble bee one..probably one of my most imaginative roleplays. I sometimes wonder how i came up with doing a jail break using bees.  I have done a text only role play with a friend where we were two cows in a field chewing the cud. All the speech was in moo's with plenty of strong emoting - great fun and utterly pointless.

Me: This is your chance to introduce yourself to an all new group of hot SL women. How will you put your best foot forward?

Friar: I'll choose my left for a start as that's my favourite....then break out the mankini. I haven't met anyone yet that doesn't like the mankini...except maybe that one time in Gor ;-)


On Friar

[ h ] Jeans - Regular - HighRise  w/Sculpts - Black Belt
Kal Rau Plaid Shirt M3_Mesh_Tee 01
TRUTH HAIR Jack - Black&Whites04
REDGRAVE 03  Tan Skin -Cruz- /3daybeard 

On Dolly

Cracked Mirror Bounty Jean Skirt (Light Blue) (at FaMeshed)
Cracked Mirror Layered Tank (pink/blue) (at FaMeshed)
Slink Mesh Feet (Av) Toes
Slink Mesh Hands (av)
Slink Tri-Colour Wedges Multipack
TRUTH HAIR Jill - Gingers01Fade
Glam Affair - Cleo - America - Clean F


  1. Nooooo. Don't let him wear the mankini! I will get sick I know i will! LOL.

  2. What is it with men and their hats? hee hee.

    1. I dunno but I almost wish he'd broken out the mustache and leather pants.

  3. Oh God, I nearly gagged at the smelling underwear in charity clothing stores part, lolol! You should have gotten some pics in the mankini! :P
    Great interview, thanks for sharing him Dolly. <3

    1. Oh god, I hope he really was kidding about that! And yeah, all the ladies love a good mankini! ;-P

  4. We may need to pencil in a follow up Dolly - then i can don a range of my more "daring" outfits ;-)