Friday 2 May 2014

My Blogging Journey Makes My Feet Hurt Sometimes

It's time for the Strawberry Singh blogger challenge of the week. This time we're talking about our blogging journey. I hung out in my new gazebo from Digs while I thought about my answers to the questions.

Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers to your post, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments so others can come by and read your answers as well!
  1. Which electronic devices do you use to blog with? I only use my laptop to blog. I'll occasionally comment on my iPhone, but I'd never use it to write a blog post.
  2. Do you have a mission statement for your blog, if so, what is it? My mission statement is pretty broad - "a Second Life blog about whatever takes our fancy." By that I mean that I'll blog things I like - fashion and home and garden, primarily.
  3. How do you feel about blogs that use their platforms to spread negativity? I don't get them. I'm mystified that anyone would take the time to spew ugliness on a regular basis. A big line needs to be drawn, however, between a blog whose sole purpose is to stir up drama and a blog that does an occasional negative review.
  4. Are you a grammar junkie? Do you thoroughly check your blog for errors before posting and/or do you judge other people’s posts if they contain errors? I care about grammar and spelling. That said, I make mistakes too, so I'm not terribly judgy unless a blog post is incomprehensible. I do prefer clear posts, though. If a blogger takes great pictures but isn't really a writer, I'm perfectly satisfied to peruse a list of credits.
  5. If you could switch blogs with another blogger who would it be? I'm too fickle to want to switch with just one blogger! Neva Crystall takes photos I just want to crawl into and live in. Strawberry Singh's blog, which I obviously love, shares so much fun along with useful information, stunning photos and teaching moments. Who wouldn't want to trade places with Berry every once in awhile?
  6. Has your blog/blogging style evolved over the year(s)? How? Maybe it's evolved. It has changed. I started blogging with my friend Ayla, but she didn't enjoy blogging as much as I did, so now it's just me. Doing these challenges has helped me to relax and open up a little more when I blog.
  7. What is the most extraordinary thing that has happened to you because of blogging? What is extraordinary to me is that there are people who read my blog. Who would have thought?
  8. When it comes to Second Life blogs, there are different styles: Fashion bloggers, Lifestyle & Travel bloggers, Informative bloggers, and more. Which style do you prefer and where do you feel your blog fits in? My blog fits best into the fashion category, but I like all kinds of Second Life blogs. If you scroll down to the bottom of my blog you'll see the blogs I read most often. I have a lot of respect for information blogs like Nalates Things & Stuff, Jo Yardley's Second Life, and Living In a Modem World. They often explain to me the more technical side of Second Life and give me new perspectives to think about.
  9. What has blogging taught you? Oddly enough, this question is the one that I'm stuck on. Obviously I've learned things about blogging, about promotion for events and products, about photos and post-processing tips. But I want to answer this with some insight about personal growth through blogging, but have I grown? Have I opened up? Does anyone care whether I have or not? Maybe I just like taking pictures. Maybe the journey makes my feet hurt sometimes.
  10. Share your top 3 tips for new bloggers. 1) Don't start a blog to get freebies. Blogging is an expensive hobby if you're doing it right. It's fine to be on a few blogging lists, but make sure they're designers you love, or your personal style will suffer. 2) Involve yourself in the blogger community through blog challenges, inworld groups, charity events, and/or Plurk. You'll make new friends involved in the same hobby and your blog will be richer for it. 3) Be yourself and your style will shine through. 
Credits:

coldLogic belt - zois.sunny (New Release)
coldLogic dress - zois.sunny (New Release)
Kunglers Yara necklace - Golden
Maitreya Hair Siobhan (Mesh) - Ginger
Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands
Slink Female Feet (AvEnhance) S - Mid
Beetlebones SUNANTHA SANDALS
Glam Affair - Vera - America 02 F
IKON Spectral Eyes - Amber
Pose from Le Poppycock

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree with what you said for #3 and I honestly don't get them either. Also, thank you for the kind words about me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve every bit of praise and more!

      Delete
  2. Dolly as a brand new blogger you are one of my inspirations - thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I missed your comment before, but I am so honored that you find me inspiring in any way!

      Delete