Wednesday 28 August 2013

Almost the End of Summer

When summer comes to a close the days are warm but the evenings get a little nippy. Usually. Where I live we're having the hottest weather all summer, but at coldLogic there's a chill in the air. So the new release dress and jacket combos are perfect for the changeable weather. To add a little color from my black and white Karr dress, I combined it with the berry jacket from the Roberts combo. I'm feeling quite the lady today!

I realized something when I saw Strawberry Singh's meme this week. I can't do it justice. I want to - it's a terrific meme about taking pictures of favorite sims. But I'm on a four year old MacBook Pro and for me Second Life is lately (and by lately I mean about the past six or seven months at least) a blur-rez-blur-rez cycle of textures. To get a halfway decent photo I need to be in controlled circumstances and either hold everything in the picture in edit mode, or check in the develop menu under rendering "render full textures" and hope I don't fry my graphics card in the process. On my favorite sims I've been unable to take a picture with textures that fully rez.

I had hoped that once server side baking was up and running that maybe it would ease that blurring cycle, but it hasn't. I hate that improvements to Second Life mean that a four year old laptop, otherwise in fine shape, becomes obsolete, but it seems that is what has happened. I'm kind of bummed about that.

The background for my photo above is my home at Alterior Living. My friend Aprilmae Devin owns the sim. Ayla and I rent from her. If you're looking for a beautiful place to call home, there are a couple of parcels unrented. Here's the best that I can do in the spirit of the meme. This is a raw shot of the place I call home in Second Life.


Credits:

coldLogic dress - karr.cotton (New Release)
coldLogic jacket - roberts.berry (New Release)
Pure Poison - Black Viper Necklace
Hucci Embessa Leather Sandals - Collection
Slink Mesh Feet (Av) Toes
Slink Mesh Hands (av)
TRUTH HAIR Chilali [NoRoots] - Gingers02Fade
Glam Affair - Cleo - America - 06 F
Beetlebones Mesh Lashes V.01 (Dainty brown)
Mayfly - Liquid Light Mesh Eye (Summer Shore, w3) 
Pose by Picture This

2 comments:

  1. The best that you could do is actually pretty fantastic! That's a beautiful pic. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Berry. I love SL landscape pics but never have much luck with them.

      Delete