Tuesday 6 August 2013

Shower Her With Annual Reports and Silk Stockings

Strawberry Singh's meme/challenge of the week is about our Zodiac signs. Oh my!

Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post; then delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a comment on Berry's post with a link to your post so we can all come by and check it out!
  1. What is your birthday and/or Zodiac sign? – My real life birthday is in January and I am a Capricorn.
  2. Do you believe in or follow astrology? – I'm ambivalent. I don't follow my horoscope in the paper because - well - how vague can you be, right?
  3. Do you feel your sign’s attributes reflect who you are? – I've learned from an astrologer friend that a sun sign (mine being Capricorn) is only part of the story. She calls me a double 12th house Capricorn - because my sun and moon are both in Capricorn in the 12th house (the house of secrets - sort of Pisces related). We're ruled by Saturn who I think ate his children in the myth. He's kind of a stern taskmaster. How other people perceive me (according to her) is by my rising sign. It has something to do with the exact time we're born. For me that's Aquarius and that's good because Capricorns have a stern rep, but Aquarians are associated with Hippies - a lot more fun. I have a bunch of planets there, but I don't want to bore you with my arcane knowledge of the astrological meanings of Mercury, Venus, and Jupiter. All that said, my favorite Capricorn description was on a Sylvia calendar from years ago. It said something like "To capture the attention of the Capricorn goddess, shower her with annual reports and silk stockings. She's ambitious, loves classy things and has good legs." That's me in a nutshell if you add to that list a nice shiny espresso machine.
  4. Have you ever been to a psychic or astrologer either in RL or in SL?  My friend has been an astrologer since the 70's. She has read my chart many times. Her philosophy (she's a Jungian) is that the alignment of the planets in your birth chart is a map of strengths and weaknesses in your psyche. But she doesn't see astrology as fortune telling, more as a jumping off point to self-knowledge based on the collective unconscious. 
  5. Do you read your horoscope daily and try to follow any advice, recommendations or warnings it may have for you that day? Oh lord no!
  6. Do you have very strong feelings about astrology, either negative or positive? Strong feelings? No. I do like reading annual reports and wearing silky stockings on special occasions. Eerie, yes?
Credits:

booN WMO003 hair chestnut
booN gathered raised hairbase chestnut
Maitreya Lux Sweater - Wool-Mix Creme
Maitreya Mini Skirt * Vivid Leather Lust
Slink Mesh Hands (av)
Glam Affair - Cleo - America - Clean F
Beetlebones Mesh Lashes
Mayfly - Liquid Light Mesh Eye (Summer Shore, w3) 

LISP - Mesh - Tea Poses 2 - Walking & Holding
Digs - Emmet Desk

4 comments:

  1. I found your answer to #4 really interesting. I never really looked at it that way but it makes more sense, it really isn't fortune telling at all. Thanks for sharing and you look so sophisticated in the pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Berry! A fun meme and of course Capricorns are a classy sophisticated sign! ;-p

      Delete
  2. I am guessing Capricorns are exceedingly organized, motherly and bossy too? LOL I think you fit the hippy description myself - gentle, loving, and always accepting of others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me organized? LOL I am kind of motherly and bossy, though! And thanks. I wanna be a hippie!

      Delete