Wednesday 13 November 2013

The Best and the Worst of My Second Life

I discovered a new skin - Lena by Elysium. I'm a fan of many skins. Belleza, Glam Affair, Adam N Eve, Pixel Creations and Mirror's Enigma are recent favorites. And now I get to add Elysium to that group. It comes with three eyebrow colors and a no eyebrow option, frecked, non-freckled and cleavage versions. It also comes with appliers for our SLink hands and feet, an essential for me. Eye makeup and lipstick tattoo layers are sold separately. I discovered this skin by perusing MokaTana Boa's blog, Moka's Way. I love her blog posts, and her skin blogs are extensive and well done.

It's time to meme again, and Strawberry Singh has challenged us to reveal what we find to be the best and worst things about our Second Lives.
Meme Instructions: Copy and paste the questions and answers below, delete my answers and input your own. The twist is, the final question you need to change and make up your own best & worst that you want to share. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in Berry's (and my) comments.
  1. Best thing about Second Life: I adore Second Life. To try to pin down what I like best about it is kind of hard. I think the best thing is how I get to admire in a very new way people's artistic expression. Whether it be a sim installation, role play, live music, photos, fashion, or home design - I am blown away by the everyday creativity.
    Worst thing about Second Life: There are plenty of downsides, but I'll try to focus on what is the worst thing I have to deal with on a daily basis. Right now it's the blur - rez - blur cycle. I really don't want to have to buy a new computer!
  2. Best thing in your inventory: My hair folder.
    Worst thing in your inventory: The number of hairs in my hair folder.
  3. Best earliest SL memory: It's a tie. Going to a sim called October Country and listening to old radio plays, or going dancing and enjoying the company of my date.
    Worst earliest SL memory: Wearing a folder full of freebie furniture and having no idea how to remove any of it. Thank goodness for Mentors and how sad that newbies don't get that kind of help! 
  4. Best thing you learned because of SL: I was reminded how stimulating it is to surround yourself with creative people.
    Worst thing you learned because of SL: I learned more about weird sexual fantasies than I really want to know. Some of those fantasies were even mine!
  5. Best thing about blogging: It's an excuse to play dress up in things that I normally wouldn't wear day to day in my Second Life. I love taking pictures and sharing them. I hope I entertain my readers with humor and fashion.
    Worst thing about blogging: Entitlement. Entitled bloggers, entitled designers. So you don't get picked to be an official blogger of an event or designer? Cover them anyway if it's something you love. On the designer end, I am occasionally blown away by an attitude that bloggers work for them. We don't. We love you for what you do, but we're not your employees.
  6. Best thing about my day: That first cup of coffee.
    Worst thing about my day: Falling asleep before Jon Stewart.
Credits:

tram -Collar for gathered shoulder blouse
tram -gathered shoulder blouse[navy]
TRUTH HAIR Rocky
Elysium - Lena (freck/red eyebr.) - fair (New Release)
BeetleBones Mesh Lashes V.01 (Dainty brown)
Mayfly - Luminous - Mesh Eye (Deep Honey Hazel, w3) (New Release)
 

2 comments:

  1. I love Jon Stewart so much but I am getting old and never able to stay up to watch him anymore. I catch him on hulu the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stay awake but so often I fall asleep too early! I'm getting old.

      Delete