Tuesday 12 March 2013

Dolly's Seven SL Facts Meme

 I was planning to do a quick post about this gorgeous Adam N Eve Bethany skin, a preview for the Skin Fair, but I happened to see the fabulous Strawberry Singh's blog post called My Seven SL Facts Meme.  It's a great idea and I thought it would be fun to play along.  In Berry's own words, here is the meme:

"The first meme I’m going to start with is the seven SL facts meme. Basically I’m going to share seven facts about my SL avatar or my SLife that may or may not be obvious to all my readers. The only thing I ask is, don’t judge me (or at least just do it quietly in your head)! :P"

So here are seven SL facts about Dolly Baroque:
  1. I read about Second Life in the New York Times in 2007 and thought it might be fun to be a land mogul.  I missed the subtle suggestions of sex being a part of SL - it was the New York Times, after all.  After leaving Orientation Island I quickly learned about the seamier side of SL and dived right in, forgetting all about becoming a rich land mogul. 
  2. Most of my best friends in SL I met while role playing our fantasies in turgid purple prose at a much missed sim called Claiming Beauty.  We had long involved story lines and considered ourselves elite role players.  Ayla, Clay, April, and I are forever friends from our role playing days.  I still chat occasionally with other role play buddies, but my role play days are mostly behind me because of time.  A good role play takes HOURS!
  3. I've met one SL friend in RL, April.  We had a great time, even wearing matching polka dotted swimsuits at the pool.
  4. I built furniture and houses and sold them until mesh took over.  It was more of a hobby than a source of income, but I enjoyed it. Maybe I'll figure out Blender someday.
  5. Ayla had to explain to me what a camel toe was.  Even then it took me awhile to figure out what she meant.  I learned lots and lots of naughty terminology from Ayla.  I'm not sure that's an SL fact or a RL fact, but if it weren't for SL I'd probably never have caught on.
  6. My alt is named Callie.  While I try to be nice and kind, she's a bit of a snot.  Of course she's a blonde, blue eyed princess and never lets anyone forget it.  She's very demanding when I let her out, always begging me for money to update her wardrobe.  Sometimes I say no and she sulks.  All my friends know she's me - well, sort of me.  I do think sometimes our avatars all have a mind of their own.
  7. Oh gosh, last one, hmmm... I guess I'll tell you about my inventory.  I admire all those people who keep tidy inventories.  I chime in to every conversation about inventory management.  My inventory is a mess.  I have a few subfolders for hair, skin, shoes, accessories, furniture, houses and skyboxes, but I'm slow to put things away.  I occasionally go on a deleting purge, but after I get rid of a thousand or so items I'm ready to shop.  The cycle continues.
Now back to the regularly scheduled program:

The Skin Fair opens to the public on March 15th, and I'm looking forward to demoing lots of skins.  More news about Skin Fair can be found HERE.

Credits:

Adam N Eve Skins - Bethany T3 Russet (Skin Fair Preview)
Adam N Eve Skins Bare Inner Eyelid
Dura-Boys&Girls 41(Sienna) (tinted)
League Dipped Feather Earring RoseGold
MANDALA Simple Ears Hutuu
Baiastice Bibbe dress-print blue (at The Arcade Gacha Event)
Mayfly - Deep Sky Mesh Eye (Spring Field, w3)
Beetlebones Mesh Lashes V.01 (Dainty brown)


4 comments:

  1. You've got me thinking with this comment: "I do think sometimes our avatars all have a mind of their own." I'd definitely have to agree with you there. I have a couple of ALTs that just kind of take on a life of their own, and I can't even seem to control it! LOL

    Anyhow, it was great to learn about you a little. I think we all get sucked into the seamier side of SL a bit, even if we don't want to. :P LOL Thanks for participating. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wanted to! It's out of my system now for the most part - maybe... :P Thanks for starting the meme. It's such fun to read about people's SL lives!

      Delete
  2. SL facts or not, your delightfully kind and compassionate personality comes through in SL and is what made me fall head over heels in girl friend love with you. You are smart, sexy, kind, understanding, and about one of the best folks i know in and out of our little SL world.

    Ohh.. you are also a fantastic blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww April, you're making me blush. I girl friend love you, too!

      Delete