Tuesday 26 March 2013

Dolly's Social Media Meme


Thanks to Strawberry Singh's meme, I'm thinking about and sharing more of my Second Life.  This time the subject is social media. 

What was the first social network you joined using your SL Avatar?
Since I consider Second Life itself to be a social media site, at least in part, that would be the first.  Flickr was the second.

Which social networks are you currently on using your SL Avatar?
Flickr
Facebook (for games when I'm in the mood)
Plurk
NOTE: If someone wants to add me on Plurk it's fine as long as you identify yourself as a Second Life person.

Which network is your favorite?
Flickr - I love looking at all the pretty pictures, passing out pink stars to my favorites, and if I'm lucky, receiving some back. 

Which network is your least favorite?
Facebook.  The games are addictive, the privacy issues are a concern to me, and I HATE how they advertise to me.

Which network do you have the most amount of connections?
Probably Flickr, but I'm not sure.

How/Where do you usually read/use most of your networks?
Mostly on my phone.

What are your favorite social networking apps? (if applicable)
Honestly I don't have any apps for these things.  The browser seems to work fine for what I do.

What do you like most about social networking sites?
It depends on the site.  For Flickr, pictures.  For Plurk, information.  For Facebook, games.

What do you like least about social networking sites?
Call me old fashioned, but I just can't share myself on social networking sites.  What I am willing to share flattens me into a two dimensional person, but I'm not willing to defend core beliefs to strangers on the internet with no context as to who we are and what might have shaped us.  Other people are better users, and I don't speak for everyone, only myself.

Do you feel social networks are a good way to promote you/your brand/your work?
Yes, I do.  Most of my blog traffic comes from Plurk and Flickr, where I am part of the Second Life community.

What is your main reason for using Social Networks?
Again, it depends on the site, but in general it's a connection to other Second Life users and a way to share information, idle chitchat and pretty pictures.

Credits:

coldLogic shirt - perdue.earth
LeLutka BREEZE hair - ItsNotGinger (old group gift)
Belleza Ava Med Red 1
Slink Mesh Hands
Beetlebones Mesh Lashes V.01 (Dainty brown)
Mayfly - Liquid Light Mesh Eye (Desert Dawn Shadow, w3)
Olive Juice- Butterfly Pose (no longer available)

2 comments:

  1. I was already stalking you everywhere but I'm so happy you participated again. It's really great learning more about you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks, Berry! I stalk - ummm - follow you too!

      Delete